Decided to share the experience with thermal paper WWM. I once wanted to decorate a t-shirt with an attractive pattern tattoo using transfer paper for light textile for inkjet printing. The result was a new and unexpected ideas for its application and handling.
1. For printing it is desirable to use thermal paper size is not less than A5 as it is very thin, printer paper often zazhevyvaet, especially the format 10*15cm.
2. Fabric before pattern need to iron, so she was not wet, keep the temperature figure will crack and burst.
3. For the same reason (high temperature film breaks!) put in clothes (t-shirt under the front side) that absorbs heat — a wooden Board, cardboard, newspaper. Ironed or iron on the reverse side of the fabric.
4. Better to print on thermal paper illustration than photo. So how in the illustrations there is a contrast and a limited number of colors (3-4), then this figure looks better than the photo. Or photos need to be processed so that it looked like illustration.
How to make a illustration from a photo, I’ll show in one of the workshops.
Also looks good embossed convex type embossing or 3D photo, or embossed tattoo.
5. To translate figure it’s best not to knit, and the usual netnexus a fabric such as a pillowcase, scarf or towels. If you choose Jersey, you better 100% cotton (again — because of the good absorption of heat!) and not too stretchy (jeans, for example). Well to transfer the image on a regular wood or plywood cutting Board.
6. Translating a figure using the iron, wait until the image completely adheres to the fabric and leave to cool. to remove gently. If some sections are not glued, need tracing paper iron until it is hot, but not to separate it, and just wait until it cools, otherwise the tracing paper will be removed along with a picture.
7. To start training to translate drawings are better with small images — type symbols Wingdings font at 96 $ /