Have you heard about mucocele or bioceramics? It synonyms is gaining momentum kind of needlework – mastoplastica. Beautiful crafts are a good choice pastime with a child, the opportunity to relax from the bustle of dissolving in the works. How to make salt dough? There are several simple options for creating a pliable material. Pick up appropriate method for you in time of cooking and available ingredients.
Features cooking salt dough with their hands
Dough for molding with your hands just prepared. It is a safe material to work with it allowed even kids. Before you learn how to make salt dough at home, and learn about its main positive features are:
- Frugality. Don’t need much money to make salt dough. All the ingredients you already have in the house.
- Neatness. Rinse the material very easily, and your clothes or the table is only shake off, wipe with a damp cloth.
- Consistency. Excellent elasticity, density do not allow dough to stick to the hands, so to work with him just.
- Keeps the shape. The finished craft not only dry out in the oven, but also in the air.
- The naturalness of design. To work with material of suitable natural dyes are not harmful to the health.
- Long-term storage of finished products. Varnish is a chance to preserve a beautiful hack for a long period of time.
How to make salt dough at home? A list of tools that you will need for classes:
- a wide bowl (for making dough);
- oven for drying (alternative to the battery, drying in the sun);
- Board, baking sheet or special shape;
- plastic bag (to store the dough so that it formed a dry crust);
- measuring capacity: spoons, glasses or cups;
- scapula and forms for molding;
- brushes and paint (for decoration of finished products);
- items, materials for the treatment of products: buttons, coffee beans, cereals, comb, wire mesh, screws, nails, tubes.
The best salt dough recipe for modeling craft
If you’re wondering how to make the dough for sculpting, remember what ingredients you need:
- Only wheat flour, the usual. Pancake, almond, with additional additives will not work.
- Salt «Extra» small. Large grains of salt and inclusions will make the product look unkempt.
- Use cold water: better if it is quite icy.
- Plasticity test will provide potato starch.
- The strength of the finished material above, if you cook it using PVA glue diluted in water.
The quality of the material it would be better if he made the hands intensively. The homogeneity of the structure gives the dough not to crumble, crumble. If added, the dyes, the color should be distributed over the whole piece of dough evenly, without patches and spots. Dye is injected in the kneading of the material in water or paint ready salted crafts. When the dough is ready, it is wrapped in a plastic bag and stored for a couple of hours in the fridge. Use the finished product within a month if stored in the cold.
Of coarse salt
The classic way of making salt dough. Get this lot of material, enough for large and small crafts, still remain. If you don’t need a lot of dough, reduce the proportions of the components. You will need:
- salt – 300 g;
- wheat flour – 300 g;
- water – 1 faceted glass (200 ml).
How does the batch of salt dough:
- Poured salt. Poured most of the water, but not all at once, in a large capacity.
- After complete dissolution of the salt, the sifted flour is poured into the liquid portions, knead the lump of dough. To continue working with ready lump need on the working surface.
- If the material is not too pliable, water is added, while excessive softness and salt with the flour proportions in the recipe.
How knead flour, water and salt
This recipe is perfect for creating voluminous figures. The material is very sturdy, keeps the shape of finished products, making them durable, the large size. To prepare the dough for sculpting the flour and salt, you need to:
- ordinary flour (no additives) – 200 g;
- salt – 400 g;
- water – 1,5 faceted glass.
- In icy water will allow the salt to dissolve. Grains should not stay.
- Gradually add pre-sifted through a sieve flour.
- Knead elastic dough. The intensity of work is very high, the material is rough, kneading need for a long time.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with a towel and place in the fridge for a few hours. After a time, remove and sculpt the figurines.
How to prepare of PVA glue
There is an option with the introduction of PVA glue. To use dough:
- flour – 2 glasses;
- fine salt «Extra» – 1 glass;
- warm water – 125 ml;
- PVA glue – 50 ml.
- Mix flour and salt, pour in the warm water.
- Using a blender or electric mixer to mix the components.
- To the finished composition add glue and knead well with your hands.
- Roll into a smooth ball, put it in a bag and put in fridge.
How to make starch
For making salt dough you need these ingredients:
- potato starch – 1 tbsp;
- water – 1 glass;
- flour – 1 glass;
- salt – 1 Cup.
- Starch prepare the jelly: tablespoon of starch dissolved in ½ Cup cold liquid. Avoid formation of lumps.
- Even half a Cup of water bring to the boil in a pan, pour a thin stream in the boiling water starch jelly.
- Stir constantly until thick consistency.
- In a deep bowl, mix the salt and plain flour.
- In the dry mixture, pour in the jelly batch, knead, avoiding excessive softness of the dough.
How to dry salt dough at home
Prepared the dough and sculpt figures? It is time for them to dry! There are a couple of ways:
- The open air. Dry outside or in the room where regularly supplied with fresh air flow is the most economical option. It would be better to dry in the sun. The duration of the procedure depends on the thickness of the product. DIY color not change after hardening.
- Oven. Crafts immediately dried in the fresh air for a couple of days, then heated the oven to 50 degrees. On a baking sheet covered with paper will lay out the figures and dry, increasing the temperature (maximum of 140 degrees). Drying lasts about 3 hours at 50 degrees, and half an hour at 140. Do not try to put the temperature of the maximum immediately, otherwise the product will crack.
If the figures turned out to be cracks, it is possible to paint them with a mixture of PVA glue and flour using a thin brush, filling the space. Learn how prosolilos the product, easy – rapping them. A dull sound comes after knocking from the raw figures, but the ringing indicates a willingness to work. If the raw hack, prolong the drying in the oven.
The recipes for salt dough crafts and figures from it
Learn to make beautiful crafts using salt dough at home. The task is easy and fun for kids and adults. Original figures, ornaments on the Christmas tree, in a vase, for educational games will not leave anyone indifferent. Watch the videos below and read a simple but interesting exercise. Prepare a white or coloured dough sculpting for entertaining in minutes!
The recipe of dough for sculpting with children
Master-class on making a color test
What you can make from salt dough
Salt when the material is ready, proceed to the moulding of various figures:
- Flowers. Sculpt a rose, sunflower, forget-me-not is very simple. Pick appropriate colors and using a toothpick, a long needle, knife or shape cutter to cut out the necessary details to create the desired flower.
- Toys. Dolls are in great demand, so if you want to surprise loved ones and give them as a souvenir the little men in shirts beautifully painted with rosy cheeks and cute eyes.
- Picture. To the peeled layer using a variety of tools will be able to portray a whole story or just the scenery. It all depends on your imagination: a cozy cottage or an interesting ornament, a bouquet of flowers or a silhouette of a man and many other variations.
- Figures of animals. With blind babies cute and kind of funny hedgehog or pig, learn where they live and what sounds they say. The guys will love it!
- Food. Rosy apples, a generous still life, Christmas cookies – simple and bright.
- Other products. Want to make artful earrings, decoration for the vase, interesting suspension, but don’t know how? Try to make all sorts of crafts using salt material, to give them colour the mood with gouache.