Complex systemic disease that is accompanied by lesions of the skin is psoriasis. In a healthy organism cells a population of 30-40 days, then they update. With the development of psoriasis life skin cells is 4-5 days. When they die, you experience peeling, plaques, dryness, etc. Treatment of psoriasis initial stages is always easier, so it is important not to run disease. Methods of therapy in the advanced phase are significantly different. About the treatment only the initial stage of psoriasis you will read in the article.
The cause of the disease
Psoriasis disrupts the work of several systems: endocrine, immune, nervous. Until the end of the doctors do not reveal the causes of this disease and invented the cure for psoriasis. Experts put forward such hypotheses of disease development:
- Viral. The causative agent of psoriasis can be retroviruses, which are transmitted by inheritance. In many patients, changes were detected in peripheral lymph nodes, which may indicate viral nature of the disease.
- Immune. If weakened immunity and impaired defense mechanisms at the cellular level are favorable conditions for the progression of psoriasis. Among the causes of disease also is an autoimmune aggression to the process whereby lymphocytes begin to attack its own healthy cells in the body.
- Infectious. Many researchers looking for the causative agents of psoriasis. Suspected epidermofitony, spirochetes, streptococci, but all speculations are incorrect. However, the researchers found that infectious disease: SARS, flu, sore throat are pushing mechanism in the development of psoriasis. In 90% of cases this disease is accompanied by tonsillitis.
- Genetic. Psoriasis is passed to child from parents. 60% of patients have relatives suffering from this skin disease. If mom or dad is diagnosed with psoriasis, the risk of that disease in the child increases by 25% if both parents are sick – 60%.
- Metabolic. Of metabolic disorders (lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals) can cause psoriasis. Patients often arise disorders in the thyroid gland and other glands of the endocrine system.
The main signs and symptoms
This mestopolojenie not contagious. Damaged skin, nails and hair. On the epidermis appear a small rash, which through time formed papules are patches of red or bright pink, protruding above the skin. From above they are covered with silvery scales (plaques). Papules may itch a little or no bother, peeling quietly. First, the size of the affected skin is 1-2 mm, with time their value is estimated to be 10 cm and more.
Psoriasis starting stage: what areas of the body may affect the disease? The main symptoms of diseases of different localization:
- On the head. The scalp is covered with red scaly patches with a large number of scales resembling dandruff. Hair not involved in the pathological process. Patients observed itching. Skin lesions can spread to the neck and behind the ears.
- On his face. In the early stage of psoriatic plaque formation on the skin around the eyes, on the eyelids, in the area of the nasolabial folds and eyebrows. Occasionally psoriasis affects the mucosa of the mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, a little more lip contour.
- On hand. On the palms and between the fingers may produce single papules red. The back side of the brush is affected much less frequently. If the stains are formed on the fingertips, over time, lost their sensitivity. Psoriasis can go on the nails.
- On the elbows. At the initial stage may produce single elements of psoriasis, covered with silvery scales. Then they grow up to be solid in the affected area of the skin, which are easily removable scales and a thin film. After this step, the affected area takes on a pink-red color, there are drops of blood.
- On your feet. Suffering the skin of the feet and the back feet. The symptoms are similar to those that occur with psoriasis of the elbows: in the initial stage there are small lesions, growing in large areas, there is a symptom of «blood dew».
How to treat psoriasis at the initial stage
To cure psoriasis permanently – is it real? Unfortunately, the answer is disappointing – it autoimmune disease is correctable, but completely get rid impossible. Treatment of psoriasis at the initial stages gives excellent results and allows to get rid of visible manifestations of disease. Traditional medicine applies ointments, creams, solutions, therapeutic radiation, systemic treatment with drugs. There is grandma’s money, but they do not give stable results.
Patients with different types of psoriasis need to learn the basics of the alkaline diet. Patients should eat foods, alkalizing the internal environment. Their share should be 65-75%, some acidic food is 25-35%. General recommendations:
- The third diet – raw vegetables and fruits. Turn the menu beets, cabbage, carrots, greens, cucumbers, onions, garlic, celery.
- Another third of the daily menu in minutes, complex carbohydrates and natural sweets in limited quantities. Eat cereals (barley, buckwheat), dried fruits (raisins, apricots, dates).
- The last part of the diet – animal and vegetable proteins. Eat lean meat, fish, peas, beans, seeds, eggs, nuts. Polyunsaturated fatty acids also need to enter the menu.
- Drink no less than 7-10 glasses of pure water a day. Alcohol is banned.
- For effective treatment avoid citrus fruits, fatty dairy products and meats, chocolate, red foods. Med use to a minimum.
- Sweet, spicy, smoked and sour dishes, it is important to eliminate from the diet because they are bad for the skin. The amount of salt should be reduced to a minimum.
Treatment of psoriasis at the initial stage passes in the appointment of medicines. There are several groups:
The local drug action: the cream and ointment. Drugs consist of water, emulsifier and oil. It would be enough for the treatment of the initial stages of psoriasis. An effective cream with vitamin E:
- «Akriderm», «Betaderm». The skin should be treated twice a day, in milder forms 1 every 24 hours. The duration of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
- «Mesoderm». Frequency skin treatment 1-2 times a day, the duration of treatment is 1-2 weeks, but not more than 3 weeks.
Ointments are hormonal and non-hormonal. The second group is more secure but not as effective. Specialists often prescribe such drugs for psoriasis:
- Treatment triamcinolone acetonide («Tracert», «Kenalog», «Ftorokort»). Hormonal preparations rubbed into the skin 1-3 times in 24 hours 5-10 days, maximum 25.
- Treatment flumetasone, floodcontrol, fluocinonide acetonide («Lokakorten», «Flutsinar», «Flucort»). Be applied to the surface of the skin 1-3 times per 24 hours 1-2 weeks.
- Treatment for psoriasis non-hormonal ointments: salicylic, «Crustal», «Kartaly», «Daivobet». For each drug –single dosage and duration of use.
Pills. Psoriasis treatment medication often used to fight advanced stage. Popular tablets:
- «Psorinum». They are the answer to the question, «how to treat psoriasis on the head?». However, the tool effectively, if the skin lesions represent not more than 20%. The course is 2-3 months, then break for 30 days. Drink tablets recommended 30 minutes before eating or 60 minutes after, three times a day. Daily quantity of tablets – 8 pieces.
- «Neotigason». Used to treat advanced forms of psoriasis. The adult dose is 25-30 mg daily for 2-4 weeks, then increase dose to 25-50 mg to drink 6 to 8 weeks. The drug should be taken only as directed by your doctor.
Systemic therapy. Her character (dosage, duration of therapy) prescribed only by a doctor for the treatment of advanced forms of pathology. One of the effective drugs for chronic psoriasis «Methotrexate»:
- It speeds up cell division.
- Is administered intravenously.
Other powerful medications for psoriasis drugs:
In the complex are:
- fatty acids;
- Allergy remedies;
- drugs for excretion from the bowel toxins.
What is psoriasis and how to treat it? An important complexity of therapy. At the initial stage of psoriasis a proper diet, the use of local medicines and treatment by physiotherapy. The latter was aimed at:
- decreased excitability of the Central nervous system;
- normalization of the psychological state of the patient;
- decrease itching;
- the acceleration of resorption of psoriatic papules.
- Great procedure with a calming effect.
- Thanks to the complete recovery of the body papules are reduced in size, and the disease goes into remission.
- Patients with psoriasis should undergo 8-10 treatments, each lasting 20-60 minutes.
- In the first sessions, the patients are immersed in superficial sleep, and then go in deep.
- Affected skin areas are treated by x-rays, which accelerate the process of resorption of plaque psoriasis.
- Method of treatment involves the use of soft x-rays.
- One session carried out every 4-7 days, the total dose of radiation is safe (a 3.5-4 Gy).
- The skin is treated with ultrasound with oscillation frequency of 800-3000 kHz.
- The procedure eliminates inflammation, itching and pain, decreases sensitivity to allergens and kills bacteria.
- The cycle covers 8 to 14 sessions, each of which lasts a quarter of an hour.
Among other effective against psoriasis of fiziologo it is worth noting cryotherapy, dip in a magnetic field, processing the current, the laser. Psoriasis treatment at home may involve taking baths with sea salt (per 1 liter of water 5 grams of salt, temperature of 37-38 °C, duration 15 minutes, daily sessions 15-20). With the advent of the disease it is important to go to a sanatorium and to participate in Wellness programs.
The effectively treated by psoriasis treatment the affected areas of the skin with ultraviolet light. The wavelength should be 311-313 nm, but the specialist may recommend another emission spectrum. The patient is immersed in a special chamber fitted with ultraviolet lamps. Before that, he takes a photosensitizing medication that improves the effectiveness of treatment. Effective method UV-therapy – PUVA-therapy. The wavelength is 320-400 nm. To achieve good treatment results, the patient has 25 exposures, making 80% of the affected areas disappears.
Effective folk remedies for the treatment at home
At the initial stage of psoriasis, you can use the people’s recipes:
- Treatment of oil from chicken eggs. To get half a glass means, need 20 eggs. Product boil 15 minutes after boiling. You’ll need the yolks. Mash them into mush, and fry them in a pan without oil on low heat for 45 minutes. The prepared weight put on the gauze and squeeze. Oil and anoint the affected areas 1-2 times daily until complete elimination of the symptoms of psoriasis.
- The initial stage of complex treatment ointment for psoriasis. Ingredients: 50 g of birch tar, 20 g of grease or vaseline, 10 g of boric acid, 30 g of honey, 1 egg protein, 10 g fat fish. Keep in a dark corner. Lubricate papules 1-2 times a day.
- Treatment of the juice of celandine. Fresh juice of roots to treat skin areas affected by disease. To do this in the initial stage every day throughout the summer three consecutive seasons.
Peculiarities of treatment in children
Do not use folk remedies in respect of the growing body. They are not always effective, and delay in this case is totally unacceptable. When you experience the initial stage of psoriasis, parents should show the child the dermatologist who will prescribe a comprehensive examination and treatment. If the disease has not spread much, children prescribe ointments and creams for skin local effect: keratolytics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
With the help of tar-or salicylic sulfuric ointment remove the top layer of plaque psoriasis. It makes the dressing on the skin, impregnated with the active agent, which is removed after 3-5 hours. Then the child should take a bath with a string – it will help you to safely remove the crust. The last stage of treatment is applied to the skin drugs with glucocorticoids at a dosage prescribed by a doctor. Children prescribe antihistamines and vitamin complexes.
Looks like the initial stage of psoriasis – photos
The first stage of psoriasis is accompanied by losses in some parts of the skin. If you have noticed the rash to rush to a dermatologist. Just don’t hope that the problem will be solved. This skin disease is complicated, requires quick and comprehensive treatment. The earlier a person goes to the specialist, the more favorable the outcome will be. Successful therapy leads to rapid remission and restoration of quality of life.