For the human body food poisoning is extremely dangerous. This is particularly scary disease for a child. Many people, unfortunately, ignore the symptoms of food poisoning and refuse to visit a doctor. It is fraught with serious health problems. You should know how to manifest food poisoning directly tainted food. The symptoms cannot be confused with other types of intoxications and infections.
The main types of food poisoning
Distinguish the following types:
- Poisoning poisonous mushrooms, berries, plants.
- Infection because getting in food any chemical substances such as chlorine.
- Poisoning. Poisoning by food products contaminated by bacteria, viruses, toxins. They fall on the food during its cooking, storage.
Characteristic signs of that before you tainted food:
- her shelf life has expired or almost came to an end;
- the integrity of the packaging, there is damage;
- food smells funny;
- the presence of spots of a mold;
- viscous sticky plaque on the surface or the cut;
- color of food is not quite normal, the taste is also changed;
- heterogeneous structure;
- gas bubbles while stirring;
- muddy sediment in a liquid dish.
Happen of food poisoning from products that are poisonous by nature. Here are some of them:
- Caviar Marinka. It is impossible to prepare yourself. Many people make major mistakes when cutting.
- Milk, eggs barbel.
- The Blowfish.
- Shellfish: oysters, mussels, scallops. The toxins in them are at high tide and those who are caught in this period, toxic. They are not amenable to any type of processing.
Foods that become toxic under certain conditions:
- Kernel bitter stone fruit: apricot, peach.
- Raw beans, especially white.
- Sprouted potatoes.
- Smoked meats, sausages, sausages.
- Olives, canned fish.
- Watermelons, melons.
- Liver, eggs, milk fish, shrimp. There is just a spoiled, improperly stored. If herring is not the first day in the refrigerator, for example, it is better not to eat it, it can be risky.
They are divided into several types on the basis of what kind of intestinal infection affects the body:
- Staphylococci. Contained in protein, rich in carbohydrates food. It’s milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, chicken, confectionery products with cream fillings, canned fish oil.
- The botulism. This infection affects the finished dish if not properly stored, home-canned goods in jars, sausage, fish.
- Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli. Strike eggs, meat, cooked vegetables, sausage, butter, food products of fish origin. The infection may be contained in meals that are not re heat treated. A characteristic sign of the product covered by mucus and bitter.
- The defeat of the bacteria Proteus. These may be contained in the meat stuffing, the culinary dishes prepared with the use of mayonnaise.
The first signs and symptoms
At the beginning of acute poisoning manifested as:
- the person feel sick and vomit;
- the stomach is very sore;
- diarrhea and a temperature of 38;
- muscle and joint pain;
- a person wants to drink;
- mucous membranes become dry.
Depending on the type of food that you have poisoned, there are additional symptoms. Characteristic symptoms in cases of poisoning by confectionery products:
- vomiting that does not stop;
- cutting pain in the abdomen.
Signs of food poisoning from fish:
- impaired coordination;
- suffocation, loss of consciousness.
Food poisoning meat:
- severe diarrhea and vomiting;
- high fever, chills;
- dilated pupils;
- disturbances of vision, swallowing, breathing.
Food poisoning dairy products:
- severe weakness.
The symptoms of acute food poisoning mushrooms:
- muscle pain;
- blood in the stool, diarrhea;
- yellowness of the skin;
- pressure reduction, heart rate;
- toxic shock;
Poisoning food additives:
- swelling of the face, extremities;
- skin itching.
Food poisoning canned food:
- feeling of dryness in the mouth.
Features of clinical manifestations in children
For child food poisoning is especially dangerous because all of a sudden manifested and flows through the accelerated scenario, not as an adults. In mild form, parents may notice that the baby has become too lethargic, refuses to eat. On the body may appear rash and swelling. If food poisoning of medium severity, these symptoms added abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, fever, diarrhea. Especially cheerleaders must be incessant diarrhea, watery stools with blood particles or pieces of undigested food.
First aid for food poisoning
Treatment at home consists of several mandatory steps:
- The lavage. This is done in order to quickly cleanse the body of toxins. For washing use a weak solution of potassium permanganate. It is necessary to drink in large amounts and then induce vomiting. Another suitable salt or soda solutions. Stomach wash should be at least two times.
- Enterosorbents. 15 minutes after washing it is necessary to drink a few tablets of activated charcoal (piece per kilogram of body weight). Allowed to drink other more modern medications. If you use white charcoal.
- Elimination of dehydration. These symptoms of any food poisoning like diarrhoea and vomiting, promote the excretion of too much fluid. It is recommended to drink maximum amount of water, rehydration solutions («Rehydron» and the like).
- Can take means for recovery of liver function and protect it after severe stress. Antibiotics alone do not drink in any case.
- You should take the medicine for recovery of bifidobacteria.
- At least the day after food poisoning, try not to eat anything. In extreme cases, refrain from coarse non-digestible foods that follow the diet. Be sure to thoroughly clean dishes.
Should definitely consult a doctor if:
- food poisoning occurred in a child under three years of age, pregnant woman, person of advanced age;
- loose stools occurred more than ten times per day, it has an admixture of blood;
- food poisoning happens as a result of the use of mushrooms;
- no relief on the second day.
To avoid food poisoning will help compliance with these rules:
- before you start cooking, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water;
- do not buy any food, especially perishable, in unauthorized areas, for example, or in the spontaneous markets;
- always check the expiration date, if prior to the end remained a day, refrain from purchasing;
- do not eat what had been stored incorrectly in the fridge for a long time stood in the open air;
- canned food with bulging lids should be thrown away;
- homemade ready meals can not be stored longer than two days;
- don’t eat any food in damaged packaging;
- all the plants and raw eggs, wash them under running water before cooking;
- keep kitchen sponges, rags;
- for each type of products find a separate cutting Board, thoroughly wash them after use.
Video about the symptoms and treatment of food poisoning and intestinal infections