All existing studies of the body are performed with the help of many techniques (ultrasound, various examinations, submission of a large number of tests). Almost all types of surveys provide only approximate and not always correct result. There is one modern the most accurate method of identifying pathology. What is the histology:
- Histological study is a collection of tissues and thorough review to identify Oncology.
- Cells of any foreign education in the body are characterized by specific structure. To identify these particles in the tissue samples, perform microscopic scrapings and study with the help of special equipment.
- Histology is the unique method, because only she gives a chance to achieve the most accurate results, recognizing the disease at an early stage of development.
The goals and objectives of histology in medicine
There is a common histology is the study of the tissues of the body engaged in a detailed study of their properties, structures, functions and interactions. Branch of this doctrine is a private microscopic anatomy that examines each organ and its composition separately. Histology was also classified into normal and abnormal types. The first is the analysis of tissues of a healthy organism, the second deals with the study of their physiological and morphological transformations that are associated with various diseases. The main tasks of histological activity are:
- the correct diagnosis in cases of dispute;
- a detailed analysis of the rate of development of malignant tumors;
- the detection of cancer in the early stages of formation;
- a study of the transformations that occur in the tissues of the patient during the therapy;
- diagnosis of the studied pathologies;
- determination of the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Histology provides valuable assistance in the confirmation or refutation of inflammation in the tissues. This unique type of analysis gives the chance to correctly identify a malignant tumor, which contributes to a timely and just the right treatment based on the type of tumor. Histological examination is used not only in gynecology but also in many other fields of medicine.
What is the histology in gynecology? Procedure laboratory studies often prescribed by a doctor to diagnose dangerous female diseases and their timely treatment. Gynaecological histological analysis is performed by examining a piece of fabric. Materials to take with histology of the ovaries, uterus and the cervix, the uterine mucosa (endometrium), cervix, neoplasms of the vagina and so on. The woman sent for histology with the following deviations:
- a long bleeding time;
- abortion (the sinking of the fetus, miscarriage);
- pain in the lower abdomen, which constantly make themselves known;
- the likelihood of an escalation of adenoma or other benign tumor breast cancer;
- the appearance of tumors (polyps, cysts) on the internal or external female genitals;
- suspected lesion of the inflammatory process (dysplasia, erosion) or the formation of cancer in the uterus, ovaries, vagina;
- biopsy and analysis of tissues after surgery (curettage, hysteroscopy, removal of foreign entities or bodies as a whole).
In other fields of medicine
The tissues and thorough research is very important in many medical fields. Every person who has a suspicion of the formation of cancer, for example, in the endocrine system or gastrointestinal tract, must necessarily undergo histological examination. This modern and accurate method is used in areas such as:
- endocrinology (biopsy of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, and so on);
- dermatology (histology tumors on the skin and deep mycosis, retikulezah and other diseases);
- otolaryngology (sampling in the throat, ears, nasal cavity);
- gastroenterology (examination of the tissues of the liver, stomach and pancreas, esophagus, colon, intestines, mucous membranes of these organs);
- Hematology (bone marrow biopsy, lymph nodes);
- Nephrology (kidney tissue analysis);
- urology (collection of material to identify abnormalities of the prostate, testicles, bladder).
Analysis on histology
Detailed examination of samples of tissues, cells is the analysis on histology. A kind of identification of dangerous pathologies closely associated with embryology (study of structure of the fetus) and Cytology (study of living) cells. Histological analysis reveals a variety of abnormalities in any tissue of the body. Often histology is performed within 8-10 days after your biopsy. Sometimes urgent diagnosis. In this case, the histological procedure is performed directly in the operating room.
Tissue for histology are gaining through special techniques – biopsy. In other words, the patient will have to take a microscopic sample of tissue (biopsy). It is examined using special equipment. What is biopsy in the expanded value, how it is done? The procedure of material collection is performed using long, thin needles, which is intended for intramuscular use.
Sometimes biopsy uses a thick needle puncture (the process is painful, but better in terms of accuracy of result). When doing a biopsy, the patient feels weak unpleasant feelings held literally 15 minutes. Qualified professionals always have a collection of material for analysis so that the process went quickly, correctly and with minimal pain.
The preparation of drugs
Prepare drugs for histological examination in the laboratory consists of several stages:
- the fence material and fastening;
- pumping fluid from the material, the seal;
- preparation of tissue sections;
- staining of each drug and puts it in a special preserving the environment.
There are several varieties of drugs to histology:
- the slice body (the most commonly used materials);
- strokes (examines the bone marrow, blood), fingerprints (for example, spleen);
- film (obtained from the lining of the brain, abdominal cavity), the total drug.
There are two kinds of histological analysis, which depends on how quickly you need to obtain the results of the study:
- Prompt diagnosis involves the freezing of the studied drug. The material will need to make a few slices, stained and examined by special equipment (microscope). This technique is often used in extreme situations, such as before urgent surgery. The procedure takes about 40 minutes.
- Planned variant histology is performed as follows. The drug is placed in the preservative solution is filled in with paraffin. On fabric make special cuts, to stain. The analysis of the material performed by a specialist pathologist. Sometimes for routine histological analysis used glass and blocks. The preparation process of the preparation and study it takes approximately 6-10 days.
The results of histology
The data series does not necessarily indicate the detection of health problems. Any specialist performing the histology, list the detection in each tissue and not just any foreign education. The conclusion is filled in Latin, so to decrypt it you need to seek help from the doctor. The results of the histological analysis, the patient receives as a written report. The document contains information about detected any pathology in the tissues and cells. In conclusion, stated:
- personal information about the patient;
- what tissue was taken for the study;
- the site of the biopsy;
- analysis time;
- basic information on the study (listed at end of document).
Who conducts histological examination
Histological study should be carried out very carefully. Wrong actions during the biopsy and direct analysis will cause incorrect result. Histology is a doctor-a pathologist. It describes the dimensions, texture, color of material for analysis. Later this specialist uses specific methods to obtain histological preparations. For the final stage of the procedure is characterized by the study of materials under a microscope, performing anatomical analyses, fixation of the obtained results.
Video about histology
Histological examination is a complicated procedure that always happens in stages. Especially for those who are interested in the details of the implementation of this process in different areas of medicine, there are a few interesting videos. Title will become more clear how tissue samples and their analysis, what is the histology laboratory. In addition, the videos will tell about preparation of study materials and much more.
Histology after curettage
Biopsy of the stomach
The study of tissues
That shows a biopsy of the cervix
The preparation of drugs