For travel abroad of the citizen of the Russian Federation may be required to obtain a visa — e.g. tourist or business. What are the characteristics of each of them? What distinguishes a tourist visa from the business?
The content of the article
- What is a tourist visa?
- What is a business visa?
- The difference between tourist and business visa
- Comparison table
What is a tourist visa?
Under commonly understood tourist visa that:
- issued to the person for a relatively short period — about 3 months;
- does not give the right to work in the country that issued the document;
- issued under the relatively simple procedures and does not require submission to a Consulate, issuing visas, a large number of documents.
Tourist visas are multiple entry and single entry. First give a right to cross the border of the country issuing the document, several times while the visa is valid. The latter only allow a tourist to enter the state and leave. In order to visit the country again, will need a new visa.
To obtain a tourist visa to traveler often have to prepare documents such as:
- salary reference;
- receipt confirming payment of hotel accommodation or letter of invitation from the receiving party;
- copy of plane ticket, train, bus or other means of transport which is going to enter the country that issued the visa;
- the Bank statement, which reflects the amount for which a person in the country that issued the visa, while traveling;
- medical insurance.
As a rule, the presence of the once obtained a tourist visa does not imply the appearance of the traveler any kind of preferential treatment in obtaining visas later. But much in this sense depends on the migration policy of a particular state: sometimes tourists, not violating the rules of entrance and residence in the country, consulates issue visas with a longer validity period.
to contents ↑What is a business visa?
A business is commonly understood as a visa that:
- issued to the person for the time required to participate in various business events (he can be either very short or sufficiently large);
- as in the case of a tourist visa does not entitle to work in the country that issued the document;
- is issued, as a rule, when providing the invitation from the host, which is the business partner of the applicant.
The document in question, can also be single or multiple. In the migration legislation of many States contain a mechanism by which once a person has taken the business visa gives the right to request a new on significantly long period of time — about 2 years. In this sense, this policy should be seen as an established norm — in contrast to the procedure for issuing tourist visas, when the extension of the term of the new entry documents may be exercised by consulates in random order, or selectively.
To obtain a business visa, you usually need to prepare the same documents as in the case of a tourist visa, but instead of a receipt evidencing payment of the tickets and, often enough invitation from the host.
to contents ↑the Difference between tourist and business visa
The main difference between a tourist visa from the business — potentially greater validity of the second, due to the necessity of a prolonged stay in the country that issued the document, to discuss and sign contracts within the business. In addition, subsequent business visa is often issued for a longer period by default, while new tourist — rather by accident.
Defining the difference between a tourist and a business visa, will record the findings in the table.
to content ↑Comparative table
What is common between them?
Tourist and business visas do not give the right to work in the issuing state
Both types of visas are single-entry and multiple-entry
The documents provided at registration, in General the same — except for an invitation from a partner company that you want to send to the Consulate when applying for business visa
What is the difference between them?
Issued in a relatively short period — about 3 months
Is issued for the period necessary for the conclusion of the contract, discussion of an investment project, participation in a business event
As a rule, the presence of the once obtained a tourist visa does not increase the validity of subsequent
The presence of the once obtained a business visa often gives the applicant the right to count on increasing the validity of subsequent