The human intestine their habitats choose two main types of parasites: protozoa and helminths. The first group includes single-celled organisms, cryptopedia and Giardia. Worms – worms are of different types: tape, ascarids, pinworms and others. Knowledge of the basic symptoms of parasites in the intestines of humans will allow us to start treatment at an early stage. In severe situations the affected tissues, organs and systems of the body.
Signs of parasites in the intestine
To determine that the fault discomfort became intestinal parasites, is difficult. Worms in the human intestine cause the malfunction of systems and organs that can be mistaken for symptoms of different diseases. If there are several indirect signs, the doctor recommends to be checked for the presence of worms. Worms in humans can cause:
- Constipation. If worms are many or they are large, they block the colon, the stool is not moving to the exit, possible obstruction.
- Diarrhea. Some parasites secrete hormone-like substances that provoke frequent watery bowel movements.
- Flatulence, bloating. Intestinal worms, taken a liking to the small intestine, causing excessive flatulence. People who do not carry out the survey, this problem lasts for years.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: its walls become inflamed, nutrients and fatty substances are digested worse. The person suffers from the constipation then diarrhea.
- Muscle and joint pain. Appear if the worms travel around the body, injuring tissue, joints and muscles.
- Allergies. Large food molecules, not digested until the end, fall from irritable bowel into the blood. This causes the body’s immune response. The worms themselves are also common allergens causing urticaria, pruritus.
- The change of body weight. People of medium build can suddenly get better, and the total – to lose weight. If due to worms in the blood sugar level falls, there is a feeling of hunger even if the body has not dissipated calories.
- Sleep disturbances, night teeth grinding in some cases speak about the infection of intestinal worms.
Symptoms of worms
Direct symptoms appear 2-4 weeks after infection. The acute phase lesions of the parasites manifests from one week to four months. If the cause has not been identified, begins the chronic stage. The symptoms depend on the type of intestinal worms, of their localization. Helminth infections cause:
- the temperature increase;
- swelling of the face;
- skin rash;
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- with the defeat of the internal organs – related diseases: hepatitis, myocarditis, meningoencephalitis.
Video: Signs of worms in humans