For removal from the body of unnecessary substances our body needs to sweat. This process is a completely natural reaction to physical stress, high temperature or strong emotion. Sometimes in adults and children and there is excessive sweating, indicating some diseases. If an adult or child often there is profuse sweating, you should consult a doctor who will prescribe treatment. There are many different reasons which disrupted the normal work of the sweat glands. Learn why people sweat.
Causes of excessive sweating
In medicine, the excessive secretion of sweat from inner the sebaceous glands is called hyperhidrosis. This phenomenon is divided into several types:
- Local hyperhidrosis (local) is characterized in that the beads of perspiration on covered parts of the body: sweaty face and head, the forehead, armpits, back, soles, palms.
- Generalized (diffuse) hyperhidrosis is the perspiration around the body, simultaneously a copious perspiration.
Greeters are often the type of heavy sweating is ukrgiprogaz – increased levels of sweating on the hands and feet. It is classified into plantar (and often profusely sweating of the foot) and Palmar types. Even excessive sweating is divided into:
- primary hyperhidrosis – it follows the puberty stage;
- secondary, the result of many different somatic endocrine, and neurological diseases.
For males excessive sweating is a common issue. Women are less susceptible to such «tests». If apocrine sweat glands secrete too much fluid, it indicates the fault occurrence in the body. In such cases, men and women are almost equal. Sources of excessive and excessive sweating in men are:
- kidney disease;
- genetic predisposition;
- high sweating in men is often connected with infectious illnesses (tuberculosis, pneumonia, malaria);
- thyroid disease;
- diabetes mellitus;
- sometimes sweaty head in an adult male, hands, neck, because of a strong nervous excitement;
- to the appearance of excessive sweating often leads to the use of medications with acetylsalicylic acid, insulin, pilocarpine;
- compensatory hyperhidrosis is a side effect, the response to sympathectomy (surgery to reduce perspiration)
Heavy sweating in women
Women malfunction of the sebaceous glands happen too often. If we do not take into account the hereditary factor, menstruation, menopause and pregnancy, which increases production of secretion and increases the amount of sweat, in all other cases, we can speak of pathology. To excess and excessive sweating in females lead to the following problems:
- VVD (vegetovascular dystonia);
- heart disease;
- diabetes mellitus;
- intoxication by alcohol, drugs, infectious poisoning;
- hyperhidrosis can occur because of disorders of the endocrine system;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- copious perspiration is accompanied by various serious infectious ailments;
- certain medications.
At night during sleep
Some people in the dream, the sweat literally pouring from «grad». This may be due to the heat in the room or an elevated body temperature for colds, but in most cases, nocturnal hyperhidrosis triggered by such reasons:
- cancer (often lymphoma);
- AIDS, HIV infection;
- heavy sweating often caused by inflammatory process in bone tissues;
- infections caused by bacteria;
- abscess is another cause of hyperhidrosis during sleep.
A strong sweating of the child
Not only adults suffer from excessive sweating. Violation of the sebaceous glands also happens in children. The primary factors that lead to hyperhidrosis in children are:
- lymphatic diathesis;
- inadequate intake of vitamin D;
- heart failure;
- problems with the thyroid gland;
- ARI (acute respiratory infections);
- hereditary diseases (e.g. cystic fibrosis);
- the use of certain types of medicines.
Treatment of hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating
Many people wonder how to treat hyperhidrosis, which methods are used for this purpose. It is very difficult to assign therapy with increased perspiration. The appearance of profuse perspiration may be caused by some disease, so treatment will be appointed on the basis of the pathology found. After the patient all the necessary tests, the doctor determines how to cure hyperhidrosis which method is more effective against him.
Today you can get rid of excessive sweating with the help of a neodymium laser. Such a device is able to completely destroy the cells of apocrine glands, which removes them from the skin once and for all. Laser treatment of abnormal sweating is an efficient method directed against sweating, without consequences and recurrence of the disease. Treatment against hyperhidrosis lasts 30 minutes under local anaesthesia. The laser helps to reduce sweating by 90%.
Another good option that will help get rid of heavy sweating is iontophoresis. The technique involves the use of electric current, which treated the problem area of the body in solution with salt. Effective way that gives lasting results, but is only suitable for the treatment of hyperhidrosis of the feet and hands. If you buy a special galvanic device to troubleshoot problems with strong perspiration, iontophoresis can be performed at home.
Means from sweating
In addition to the above treatment options excessive sweating, point out several interesting and effective ways:
- Antiperspirant – type cosmetic, which is struggling with heavy sweating. Often it is used for the armpits. The most efficient tools of this category are «Dry Dry», «Odaban», «Maxim».
- Against hyperhidrosis often used injections of «Botox» and «Dysport», in which block the nerve endings apocrine glands for a long time.
- Drugs based on alkaloids of plants of the belladonna. They reduce the secretion of large amounts of sweat, thus preventing hyperhidrosis successfully. The doctor in most cases prescribe pills «Bellypan», «Bellataminal». Local therapy of excessive sweating is carried out with a solution «Formigran» drug «Pharmagel».
- Sedative drugs and in some cases less successfully cope with increased sweating in men and women. Among these is Valerian, motherwort.
Folk remedies against sweat
Traditional medicine also relates to efficient methods of treatment of sweating in humans. Here are some good recipes that eliminate the hyperhidrosis:
- Excellent results in the struggle with hyperhidrosis will help achieve the infusion of birch buds. Alcohol tincture (1: 10) it is necessary to wipe the problem areas of the skin two times a day.
- To reduce the sweating of the lower extremities, you can use a special tray. Oak bark (1 tablespoon) pour water (1 liter). Boil 5-10 minutes, to insist half an hour. Ten procedures should be enough for odor and heavy sweating.
- For hands often sweat, it is recommended to do a bath of ammonia water (1 liter of water take 1 teaspoon of alcohol). Holding hands in the solution for 10-15 minutes, carefully to wash, wipe and powder process. After this procedure the sweating on the hands is significantly reduced.
Video: what to do if your armpits sweat a lot