For many girls, the greatest happiness of all is motherhood, and it is the reason that inflammation of the ovary carries a particular danger. The disease may have a negative impact on reproductive functions of the body, therefore, you should know the symptoms of inflammation of the ovaries, to start timely treatment, to avoid unpleasant consequences. According to statistics, at least 20% of the girls who started therapy late, could not get pregnant in the future. If you suspect on inflammatory processes, pains in the pelvic area, you should consult a gynecologist.
What are the symptoms and signs of inflammation of the ovaries in women
The disease is characterized by inflammatory processes that affect the sex glands, sometimes accompanied by adnexitis fallopian (uterine) tubes. The disease has a second name – oophoritis. The inflammation may affect only one ovary (unilateral) or two (bilateral). The disease has two main forms – chronic and acute, which differ in symptomatology and course.
If the treatment of oophoritis not start on time or not to bring the therapy to end, it flows in a chronic inflammation. The protracted form of the disease gives permanent discomfort to the girls with the periodic phases of aggravation. Characterized by persistent, poor selection when inflammation. In addition, suffering from chronic oophoritis observed the following symptoms:
- Dull pain in lower abdomen, in the side or in the vagina. Decreasing discomfort during colds, during colds, before menstruation.
- Disturbed sexual function, there are pain during intercourse, decreased libido.
- It disrupts the functioning of the ovaries, menstrual cycle.
- The absence of pregnancy, even with an active sex life.
- Frequent urination, which is accompanied by severe pain, sharp.
- Persistent discomfort with one or two parties in the abdomen, with root pain in the lower back.
- The body temperature increases to 39°C, felt General malaise.
- In the acute stage are bleeding between my period.
- Strong, sharp pain during intercourse.
- Profuse discharge from the vagina.
- During the inspection observed clearly enlarged ovaries in women who give pain.
Causes inflammation of
There are several reasons due to which there is inflammation of the female adnexa. Disease provoking pathogens of gonorrhea, chlamydia, tuberculosis, trichomoniasis, also possible that the disease is caused by opportunistic microflora. Another factor – external influence: the use of intrauterine devices, non-professional surgical, diagnostic procedures, childbirth, hypothermia. Often oophoritis may occur on the background of other diseases and be their consequence, for example, previously deferred inflammatory process in the uterus.
An important step for successful treatment is identifying the symptoms of inflammation of the ovaries and diagnosis of the disease. The insidiousness of the disease that it may appear in a very diffused form, does not accurately determine the root cause to make the correct diagnosis. Oophoritis in their symptoms in the acute form are similar to other diseases: ovarian cyst, appendicitis, peritonitis. For proper diagnosis you have to undergo such procedure and pass the following tests:
- The compilation of an accurate medical history, where you should specify all of the previously transferred diseases, for example, inflammation, STDs, and birth were there any complications with them.
- The study of current symptoms of inflammation of the ovaries.
- You must pass analysis of blood, urine, PAP smear to determine the level of leukocytes.
- To make a photo of the ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
- Undergo a gynecological examination for tenderness of the ovaries, increase.
- To conduct a study of the reaction of immunofluorescence (RIF). Allows to determine antibodies to known antigens.
- Go enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), pursuing the same goals as the REEF.
May be assigned additional studies, help to establish the cause of the inflammation. To determine the gross, obvious changes in the fallopian tubes appoint hysterosalpingoscopy. The most informative survey procedure using laparoscopy, which will allow us to directly examine the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, find the cause, because of what they can become inflamed. In cases of chronic form of the disease this procedure helps to determine the presence of adhesions, their location and patency of the fallopian tubes, the infection.
Video about the symptoms and treatment of inflammation of the ovaries and appendages