This is one of the types of functional tumors in the ovary. The symptoms of the disease does not always manifest itself in women of different age groups the disease can occur without any symptoms. Often luteum cyst of the ovary regresses independently. However, hope is not worth it, because when complications of the disease will require surgery: in extreme cases will need the removal of the ovary.
The cause of the education
Luteum cyst, and follicular neoplasm, refers to functional growths, formed directly in the ovary. Wall of tumors of the benign type are formed of a stretched capsule of the follicle or the corpus luteum. The main reason for their occurrence is hormonal imbalance. Generally, cysts have a small size and grow toward the peritoneum, however, there is a broader classification of these benign tumors.
Luteum cyst in the ovary develops as a consequence of rupture of the follicle, the site of accumulation of fluid and/or blood. These tumors can be formed solely in a two-phase cycle of menstruation. Experts believe that the cyst of a yellow body appear to be girls because of a violation of blood circulation or lymph circulation in the ovaries, so they can meet even the young girls (from 16 years). Often the tumor by itself for several monthly cycles.
The risk of developing of cysts of the yellow body increases if the stimulation of ovulation (it is actual for infertility). In addition, the disease can stimulate preparation for IVF. Accepting funds for emergency contraception, a woman becomes more prone to development of benign neoplasms. Don’t rule out the possibility of the appearance of the cyst as the result:
- excessive physical activity (sport is not a contraindication, but larger weights should be abandoned);
- unbalanced diet (strict diet, excessive alcohol, etc.);
- work with toxic substances.
The main signs and symptoms
Cysts of the corpus luteum can have the opposite development: luteal cells are replaced by connective tissue and the tumor is transformed into a cyst without epithelial lining inside. Cystic growth of the ovary often does not show itself, but in some women due to the development of the pathology fails of the menstrual cycle or early menopause. In rare cases, women feel a slight pain in the lower abdomen (pelvic area). The most common symptoms of ovarian cysts:
- heaviness in the abdomen, bloating;
- soreness in the groin area or near the appendages, which can be amplified from piznarski, intercourse;
- increased basal temperature (2nd half of the menstrual cycle, above 37 degrees);
- a delay period (no longer than 14 days).
Methods of diagnosis
Signs of cyst is a reason to undergo testing to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks to a gynaecological examination the doctor may identify the side of the uterus either behind her tight elastic tumor, which looks like a capsule. During the ultrasound when the cyst gynecologist watches sphere with a diameter of 4-8 cm with homogeneous structure and clear contours. Sometimes cystic cavity is filled with finely dispersed liquid.
To accurately identify a disease capable of dynamic ultrasound in the yellow body. It is conducted during the first phase of the menstrual cycle. In addition, the woman undergoes a pregnancy test. Dynamic laparoscopy carried out when it is difficult to differentiate luteal cysts from similar entities (for example, from the cystomas of ovary or decalomainia cysts).
How to treat a cyst of the corpus luteum of the right and left ovary
When asymptomatic course of the small size of the cyst of the corpus luteum of the ovary does not require operative therapy. In this case, the patient is shown the constant supervision of a gynecologist with an ultrasound examination within 3 months. To get rid of tumors of considerable diameter, use:
- conservative treatment;
- physical therapy;
- alternative therapies;
- in extreme cases – surgery: removal of the cyst.
Women found small or not clinically manifested by a cyst in the ovary, shows a dynamic examination of gynecologist, color mapping and Doppler ultrasound for several menstrual cycles. As a rule, during this period of time the tumor regressed and completely resolved. Treatment without surgery cystic disease is used if the patient has symptoms or the frequent development of pathology. Use such methods of conservative treatment:
- hormonal drugs and contraceptives («Utrogestan», «examined»);
- the intake of anti-inflammatory drugs («Voltaren», «Ibuprofen»);
- balneotherapy (mineral water treatment);
- the sessions electrophoresis (effect on tissue by electric current);
- laser therapy (healing of soft tissue laser);
- magnetic therapy (impact on a woman’s body constant or variable magnetic fields).
Operative therapy in the clinics apply 3 months after the development of cystic formations. The main indication for intervention – if it starts to regress or decrease in size. The operation is performed, because otherwise the yellow body in the ovary may start the uneven shedding of the endometrium, resulting sometimes start uterine bleeding. Because of the risk of rupture or torsion of the ovary with removal of cystic growth is better not to procrastinate.
Over time, in the absence of proper treatment, the cyst may undergo irreversible changes – turn into a malignant tumor. With timely surgical intervention the body ovarian trauma is minimal. The removal of cysts, laparoscopy is used more often, but sometimes use resection or suturing. The choice of method is the task of the gynecologist who are guided by the following aspects:
- it is preferable to use organ-sparing surgery, when the removal to be only a cystic growth, and the healthy ovarian tissue remains intact;
- in the absence of complications apply the method of laparoscopic (surgery is performed by puncturing, no autopsy);
- the patient in menopause to prevent relapse can remove the ovaries;
- resection is also performed in the case of the inconvenient location of the tumor.
Treatment of folk remedies
Often used «medicines» made from natural herbs:
- Infusion of dandelion. Wash the grass into mush (dry grind using the grinder). A teaspoon of the mixture pour 200 ml boiling water, close the lid and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Drain the liquid through a strainer and drink one third of a Cup twice a day. To make the product better for an hour before Breakfast plus after 2 hours after dinner. The course is 5 days and is repeated before every period.
- The juice of burdock. Wash the leaves, tear into small pieces, skip through a meat grinder and squeeze the juice released. Keep it in the cold for no longer than 2-3 days: after he loses the healing properties. First 2 days means take 1 tsp before meals twice a day. 3 and 4 a day plus 1 teaspoon (in the morning). On the fifth day and until the start of menstruation drink the juice three times a tablespoon.
- The infusion of herbs. You will need a upland uterus, Wintergreen and red brush. Brewing them separately, Bay 1 tsp 200-250 ml of boiling water. When the liquid stand for 20-25 minutes, drain. The reception begin immediately after the month an hour before a meal. In the first week drink a third Cup three times a day broth upland uterus, the second – the same dose tincture red brush, the third tea from the Wintergreen.
What to do if detected luteum cyst during pregnancy
Ovarian cyst and pregnancy – frequent companions. However, the woman has nothing to worry about because the tumor often can’t hurt neither herself nor the unborn child. The gynecologist will monitor the patient’s condition, and if the size of the cyst exceeds 5 cm, surgical intervention is not required. Usually, an ovarian cyst dissolves itself until 19-20 weeks of pregnancy, because in that time the function of a yellow body switches formed on the placenta.
What are the dangers of education: possible complications and consequences
An ovarian cyst is a benign tumor that can become malignant. Serious threat to a woman’s life this pathology is not responsible, but in the absence of necessary treatment threatening complications. For example, during sports or sexual intercourse can happen rupture of blood vessels with subsequent hemorrhage into the cyst cavity. This will cause symptoms of acute abdomen or hemorrhagic shock. In addition, when the cyst is of critical size effects can be:
- ovarian apoplexy (rupture of a cyst with bleeding into the abdominal cavity);
- torsion of the cyst;
- the bursting of the cyst with subsequent infection;
- menstrual irregularities, severe pain in the lower abdomen.
Video: what is a cyst of a yellow body