To maintain a healthy smile a pair of very difficult. One of the few diseases that become an underlying cause of damage of the surface of the teeth is wedge-shaped defect. The offense got its name from its appearance: the destruction of the upper part of the hard tissue of the enamel at the base of the neck in the form of indentations or steps. Learn what to do if worried about a wedge-shaped defect teeth: causes and treatment described below. Understand how to deal with the problem at home to prevent illness.
Reasons wedge-shaped defect teeth
The main symptom of occurrence of violations is increased sensitivity. The unpleasant sensations often occur during cleaning of the mouth, eating hot or cold foods. It happens when a wedge-shaped defect does not manifest itself. Mainly affects canines. In the photo it is easy to see, which can lead to late diagnosis of the problem and the lack of skilled therapy. Provoke a wedge-shaped defect of tooth hard tissues following factors:
- wrong cleaning;
- inadequate oral hygiene;
- gingivitis, periodontitis;
- insufficient amount of calcium in the body;
- irregularities in the thyroid gland.
How to treat the defect
This pathology of the teeth can be easily treated by conventional methods in the early stages. To begin, the dentist must determine the cause of the disease. This will be followed by detailed consultation of the patient about how to properly clean the oral cavity. At home, it is recommended to apply special measures to strengthen enamel. Toothpaste with wedge-shaped defect teeth will help to nourish the surface of the minerals and trace minerals to prevent further progression of the disease.
At serious stages of deformation of the enamel is necessary restorative procedures:
- Filling. The easiest and fastest way to eliminate aesthetic flaws. The problem is that the treatment of non-carious lesions of teeth in this way eradicates the source of the defect. After a time, overlapping the fillings will start to darken, and eventually the pad will disappear.
- Veneers. The affected part is treated with a special ceramic solution. It helps to eliminate the source of the disease and completely eliminates the aesthetic drawbacks.
- Crowns. Wedge-shaped defect on ICD-10 is eliminated in this way, provided that the pad will with a reserve.
- Bite correction. By wearing plates, then carried out the restoration of the damaged surfaces of the above ways.
Treatment of folk remedies in a case of this disease ineffective. Decoctions of oak bark, chamomile and other herbs help to relieve pain only temporarily. To get rid of the disease will help only a qualified therapy at an early stage. Restorative procedures often decide only an aesthetic problem, not eliminating the source of violations.
Prevention of non-carious lesions of teeth
To prevent the development of destruction of enamel, dentists recommend regular checkups. Also, you should use a soft scrub brush and brush your teeth vertically only. The main preventive methods also include:
- reminiscere therapy;
- bite correction.
Video about the treatment wedge-shaped defect