If you have a hard water supply, then very quickly at the bottom and the walls of the kettle to form scum, which over time will get into the tea or coffee. To get rid of it and regularly clean the kettle from scale in a simple way at home.
You will need
- Citric acid;
- Clean water.
1. Dial the kettle with clean water. This could be water from the store or water, home filtered the filter. The main thing is that the water was not hard. If you use home filters, preferably before cleaning the kettle to put new filters.
2. So after you poured the water into the kettle, add water to 1-2 teaspoons of citric acid and stir. Some sources recommend adding 1-2 tablespoons, but in my experience enough and teaspoon.
3. Boil the kettle as normal. If it’s an electric kettle, put it on a stand and choose if it is an ordinary kettle — put on the stove and light the fire. Wait until the water in the kettle boils. An electric kettle will turn off automatically.
4. Pour the water with the acid in the sink or the toilet. Usually clean the kettle after first boiling, but if you have a strong pollution scale, we can repeat the procedure or to wash the kettle with a cloth.
5. Again fill the kettle with clean water and boil without acid. Drain the water. The kettle is ready for use.