Blancmange is a cold dessert, is a sweet jelly or almond whole milk with the addition of some other ingredients (rice flour, nuts, fruit, candied fruit, cocoa, scented alcohol).
Modern recipes blancmange necessarily include the composition of gelatin, it contributes to the hardening due to this ingredient piece portions hold their shape well. Vegetarians can replace gelatin, agar-agar.
Will tell you how to cook delicious cottage cheese blancmange.
The cheese we need only natural and fresh medium or high fat content, of course, it is better to cook it at home from a certain farm milk, if possible.
Cheesecake dessert blancmange with pineapple and bananas – recipe
- gelatin – 20 g;
- the average fat content of milk – 1-1,5 cups;
- fresh cottage cheese – 250 g;
- powdered sugar – 50-100 g;
- pineapple (fresh or canned) pieces;
- the small slightly unripe banana – 1 PC.;
- the kernels of almonds;
- vanilla or cinnamon – 1 pinch;
- light rum – 30 ml;
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp. spoon;
- the dark chocolate finish.
In a little warmed milk, add gelatin, mix thoroughly, wait until dissolved and strain. Add sugar powder and mix thoroughly again.
The kernels of almonds grind in any convenient way, the smaller, the better. Prepare the pineapple: need small pieces. Also bananas – quickly fill them with lemon juice, not darkened.
Combine the almond, fruit, rum and milk-gelatin solution with cottage cheese. Mix thoroughly, better blender.
Cooked mass to fill in portion form (or one large, then it might be served like a cake), sprinkle with grated chocolate and place in the refrigerator until fully cured. Topping and decoration fruit can be performed after curing and demolding.
Blancmange with fruit curd – recipe with agar-agar
- cottage cheese – 300 g;
- fruit (kiwi and oranges);
- the almond or coconut milk – 300 ml;
- sugar powder – 50 -100 g;
- rice flour or starch – 2 tablespoons;
- almond liqueur – 30 ml;
- agar-agar at the rate of 1-3 teaspoons per 250 ml of total weight of the mixture.
Dissolve the agar agar in the almond milk. Add sugar powder, rice flour, liqueur, cheese and fruit in the form of small pieces (you can add a little fruit juice). All peremeshaem carefully and let us pour into molds, place in the refrigerator until fully cured.
Curd blancmange is served with tea, coffee, Rooibos, hibiscus or mate. In principle, this dessert can serve with a light alcoholic fruit cocktails.