Sauce with a long history is ketchup. For the modern man this seasoning to the dishes associated with red bottles and store shelves. Ketchup at home for the winter earlier, before the development of the food industry, prepared in many families. Now a natural power is becoming popular, and hostesses strive to make the sauces themselves, without preservatives, colourings and other unnecessary chemicals.
Recipes for homemade ketchup for stocking up for winter
To make a delicious ketchup, which will be stored all winter and will not deteriorate, you need quality tomatoes, ripe, sound and free of defects. Ideal rural or suburban tomatoes, grown without chemicals. In the composition of factory sauces are not just tomato or tomato paste, and flavor enhancers, gum and modified starch. Ketchup, brewed at home for the winter, are healthier, taste superior to commercial analogues, besides, you can make a classic sauce, or use original and unusual recipe.
The classic recipe of tomato
The sauce, which got its name ketchup, tomatoes contain. Chinese seasoning Gae-MCC prepared from fish viscera, and later, anchovies. The British altered the recipe in their own way, replacing the fish with mushrooms and walnuts, then switched on the olives. Much later added the tomatoes, and the option was born, today called classical. The classic ingredients for ketchup:
- tomatoes – 2.5 kg;
- sugar – half Cup;
- carnation – 2 Bud;
- black pepper 20 grains;
- coriander – 10 of peas;
- vinegar 9% – 2 tablespoons;
- salt – half a tablespoon;
- greens (any) – beam.
How to make the sauce:
- The tomatoes selected, washed, remove the stalk with a knife, cut into small pieces, put it in a pan, wait until boiling. Add water if necessary, and released enough juice. Switch to medium heat hob, cook for 20 minutes.
- Boiled the tomatoes to cool, pass through a sieve, in the same pan. A lot of the future of ketchup cook until thick, an hour or more.
- To put spices in piece of cheesecloth, tie the ends, getting a bag, put it in the tomato liquid, add salt, vinegar, sugar, stir the mixture, cook for 10 minutes, making a slow fire.
- The ketchup is ready pour into sterilized containers and allow to cool, place in the refrigerator or cellar.
With apples and bell peppers
Ketchup for fans of interesting flavor combinations complement to any snack. A little secret: if you add dried onions, or smoked, get a extraordinary flavor. This Supplement is useful to those who are not against culinary experiments over the ketchup. If you are not sure that consumers will approve of the unusual taste, stick to the original recipe. To prepare this spicy ketchup will need:
- red soft tomatoes – 1.5 kg;
- apples (green preferred) – 1 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper (yellow, red) – 1 kg;
- onion (turnip) – 1 kg;
- vinegar 9% – 1 glass;
- sugar – tablespoon;
- salt – half teaspoon;
- black pepper – 10 peas;
- sweet pepper – 6 PCs.;
- garlic – 5 teeth;
- the savory – taste.
Step-by-step recipe for ketchup:
- The tomatoes and onion, apples cored, cut peppers in the middle with seeds.
- Pour in the vegetables and fruits are a few tablespoons of water, put on fire, to seethe gruel.
- RUB the mixture through a sieve, pour into a saucepan, put spices in a muslin bag, boil until thick consistency.
- Add sugar and salt, pour the vinegar, add pressed garlic, chopped savory.
- Pour the hot mixture into bottles (heated), firmly tighten the lid, put in a container for sterilization (large pot, tank), be sterilized, after cooling.
Conservation of spicy tomato sauce with chilli
The popular «hot» sauce is prepared simply, with a minimum of ingredients, the chili peppers still kill all other tastes. They can flavoring a variety of dishes, with caution. Chile is combined with pasta and its varieties, potatoes, rice, fish, meat. It is important to remember that if you intend to spice this sauce dish when it is cooked add pepper, otherwise mouth on fire. In salsa you need to take:
- fleshy tomatoes – 3 kg;
- Chile (or Cayenne pepper) – 1 to 3 pod;
- salt – a tablespoon with a slide;
- sugar – 150 g;
- vinegar 9% – 50 ml;
- peppercorns, allspice and black – 10 PCs.
The sequence of preparation:
- Wash, cut into slices tomatoes, add it to the pan, put on fire (medium). Cook until soft, about 40 minutes, all the time stir.
- Cut and peel the Chile, at the end of cooking, add the tomatoes. If desirable very hot sauce, seeds of pepper are not removed. Add peppercorns, simmer 15 minutes.
- RUB the mixture through a sieve, using a wooden spoon or spatula. Using a sieve will not peel, seeds, spices. The chafing can be simplified, using the juicer that has the function of squeezing juice from the pulp, or the normal device, but then before cooking peel the tomatoes should be removed.
- Prerevenue the mixture to boil, season with salt, vinegar, sugar, pour ketchup on banks or bottles close.
Of tomato juice with starch in a slow cooker
To prepare tomato ketchup at home for the winter the starch is rarely used, Housewives prefer to boil the excess moisture without adding thickeners. Sometimes the degree of density is not enough, for example, when cooking pizzas. Sauce may be thickened, the dish will be moist. The dish of the day will save the homemade ketchup with the addition of starch. For it will need:
- very ripe tomatoes – 5 kg;
- onion – 400 g;
- Apple cider vinegar – 50 g;
- sugar – glass;
- allspice – 15 peas or 1-2 teaspoons;
- hot pepper, garlic – to taste;
- starch – 2 tablespoons.
Preparing the sauce:
- Squeeze tomato juice, better through the juicer, or you can scroll the tomatoes in a meat grinder with fine bars, strain the pulp in a colander, give to flow down. A glass of juice to keep the rest to pour into the bowl multivarki, select fire mode.
- Peel and chop the onions: use a meat grinder or blend in a blender.
- Wait for a boil tomato juice, add onion puree. Simmer in slow cooker for an hour and a half.
- In the bowl multivarki pour salt, vinegar, sugar.
- Prepared previously in a glass of juice stir the cornstarch and pepper. Stir in the ketchup, pour the mixture. When the mixture thickens, turn off slow cooker.
- Pour into jars, produce spin hot.
Thick homemade ketchup from plums to meat
Ripe plums are the basis for aromatic, sweet-sour sauce, perfect for barbecue. The nature of this seasoning will have great success. The sharpness of ketchup cook adjusts independently, the recipe does not set a clear framework for how burning should be this sauce. Everything is done on the basis of consumer desires, the less tasty from reducing the number of pepper, the ketchup would not, the main ingredient of the sauce – plums, they set the tone. The composition of ketchup:
- ripe plums – 5 kg;
- tomatoes – 1 kg;
- bell pepper – 500 g;
- garlic – 300 g;
- red pepper (spicy) – to taste;
- so – 2 tablespoons;
- sugar – 300 g.
Preparation of sauce:
- Wash the vegetables, remove the stones of plums.
- Plums, pepper, tomato scroll in a meat grinder.
- Put all in a saucepan, boil 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garlic RUB on a small grater, or skip through chesnokodavilku, add to the pot, cook for 40 minutes.
- Pour ketchup on hot banks, to roll up. Flip the jars, wrap with a blanket to cool.
Quick recipe from tomato paste
Ketchup is prepared in haste, with a minimum of ingredients. Tomato paste, store bought, its composition is more natural ketchup factory. Read the label, choose pasta with only tomatoes and salt. Boiled tomatoes contain lycopene, this pigment is not destroyed by the high temperatures, an antioxidant, good for the heart. Ingredients for «quick» ketchup:
- tomato paste – 100 g;
- seasoning: a blend of dried herbs, garlic, black pepper – all together: 50 g
- salt – teaspoon;
- sugar – 2 tea spoons;
- mustard (ready) – tbs.
How to prepare:
- Dilute the paste with boiled water (about 200 ml).
- Pour in one Cup of sugar, salt, seasoning, pour boiling water, allow to brew, pour in the pasta.
- Put on the stove, cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Pour into a processed jar. Store in the refrigerator up to three weeks.
Aromatic ketchup red currant with spices without vinegar
National Georgian dish, sauce tkemali, is made from sour plums. Its classic a unique flavor hard to reproduce, there are versions of the sauce, plums are replaced with some more acid fruit or berries, such as red currants. If you want to bring the taste of ketchup to the classic tkemali, among condiments must be the coriander, add to the following ingredients:
red currant (without green sprigs) – 1 kg;
- water – a quarter Cup;
- garlic – Central head;
- dry dill – 2 tablespoons;
- coriander seeds, ground – 3 tsp;
- hot red pepper (ground) – 1.5 teaspoons;
- sugar – half Cup;
- salt – 2 teaspoons.
- Put in a pan currants, pour water, bring to a state of mashed potatoes on low heat (to boil not to bring).
- Drain the fluid by taking a separate container, mash the berries through a sieve.
- Mix the juice and puree, put on fire, boil until thick.
- Spices to grind to a fine powder, add to mashed potatoes, add salt, add sugar, boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour into banks, cool.
Video: how to cook the ketchup for the winter at home
The ketchups sold in the store contain sodium benzoate. Manufacturers like this Supplement because it does not develop mold fungi and yeast, allowing the storage of ketchup for a long time. A substance with such an action contain cinnamon, cloves, mustard, cranberries, apples, if you see these ingredients in recipes, know that they prevent the sauce from spoiling. For this purpose the cooks used vinegar. Practical advice how to prepare the favorite condiment for the winter, you will hear in the video below, there are reproduced step by step cooking ketchup at home.