It may also be of interest to You:
One of the mistakes that when you upgrade to Windows 10 (using the update Center or using the Media Creation Tool utilities) or when installing the system by running setup.exe in an installed system the previous version of the Windows Update error c1900101 (0xC1900101) with various digital codes: 20017, 4000d, 40017, 30018 and others.
Usually the problem is caused by the inability of the installer to consult the installation files for one reason or another, their damage, as well as incompatible hardware drivers, lack of space on system partition disk or errors on it, by the peculiarities of the structure of sections and a number of other reasons.
In this tutorial — a set of methods to fix error Windows Update c1900101 (so it appears in the update Center) or 0xC1900101 (so the same error is indicated in the official utility to update and install Windows 10). At the same time, to give assurance that these methods will work, it is only those options that often help in this situation, but not always. A guaranteed way to avoid this error — clean install Windows 10 from a flash drive or disk (if it to activate, you can use the license key for the previous OS version).
How to fix c1900101 when upgrading or installing Windows 10
So, below is how to fix error 0xc1900101 c1900101 or, arranged in order of the likelihood of their ability to solve the problem when installing Windows 10. Try re-installing can, in General, after each of the items. And you can perform them several pieces — whatever you like.
For a start the 4 most easy ways, which will be triggered more often with the appearance of the problem.
- Remove the antivirus — if your computer has any antivirus, delete it completely, preferably using an official utility from the developer of antivirus software (can be found for removal Utility + name of the antivirus, see ). As the reasons for the errors were seen antivirus products Avast, ESET, Symantec, but it can happen with other such programs. After the removal of the antivirus you must restart your computer. Note: the same effect can have utility to clean your computer and registry, operating in automatic mode, delete them too.
- Unplug all external drives and not all are required for operation of the device connected by USB (including card readers, printers, gamepads, USB hubs and such).
- Perform a clean boot Windows and try to upgrade in this mode. Read more: (instructions fit for a clean boot of Windows 7 and 8).
- If the error appears in the update Center, then try to upgrade to Windows 10 using the upgrade to Windows 10 from Microsoft (though it may give the same error if the problem is in the drivers, the discs or programs on the computer). Read more this method is described in the user .
If none of the specified didn’t work, move on to the more time consuming ways (it does not take the time to install earlier antivirus and remote connection for external hard drives).
Cleaning files Windows 10 installation and re-download
Try this option:
Error correction c1900101 in the update Center
If the error Windows Update c1900101 occurs when you use the update through Windows update, try these steps.
After executing the commands, close command prompt, restart the computer and try again to upgrade to Windows 10.
The author recommends to read:
- — what to do and why this is happening?
- (for watching videos and playing games)
Upgrade using ISO image of Windows 10
Another easy way to «bypass» the error c1900101 — use the original ISO image to upgrade to Windows 10. How to do it:
These are the basic ways to fix the problem. But there are specific cases that require different approaches.
Additional ways to fix the problem
If nothing of the above did not help, try the following suggestions might in your particular situation the workers would be they.
- Remove the video card driver and the accompanying software to graphics card using Display Driver Uninstaller (see ).
- If the error message contains information about SAFE_OS during surgery BOOT, try . Also, the cause of this error can be enabled Bitlocker drive encryption or otherwise.
- Press Win+R and type diskmgmt.msc — view, is not your system drive a dynamic disk? This can cause the specified error. However, if system disk is dynamic, convert it to basic without data loss fail. Accordingly, the solution is here — clean installation of Windows 10 from the distribution.
- If you have Windows 8 or 8.1, you can try the following (after saving important data): go to settings update and recovery and then start after the procedure is finished, without installing any software and drivers, try updating.
Perhaps, that’s all I can offer at this point in time. If suddenly helped some other options, I will be glad to review.